Cookies More Info
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a web site is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site can read when it is consulted later. Some of these cookies are required for the site to work properly, others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store, for example, the user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your PC is to no longer need to fill in the same information whenever you want to access a previously visited site.
How do I turn off cookies?
You can change your browser to disable cookies through a very simple procedure. Warning: By deactivating cookies, both username and password will no longer be stored on the site login box.
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the “Alt” button on the keyboard
3. On the toolbar at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”
4. Then select the “Privacy” tab
5. Go to “History settings:” and then “Use custom settings”. Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet Options”
3. Select the Privacy tab and move the slider to the privacy level you want to set (up to lock all cookies or down to allow all of them)
4.4. Then click OK
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the “Tools” icon
3. Select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings”
4. Select “Content Settings” under “Privacy”
5. On the “Cookies” tab, you can clear cookies and save your preferences
1. Open Safari
2. Choose “Preferences” on the toolbar, then select the “Security” panel in the dialog box below
3. In the “Accept cookies” section, you can specify whether and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information, click the Help button (marked with a question mark)
4. For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show cookies”
How to change cookie settings
Most browsers allow you to clear cookies from your computer’s hard disk, block cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
How to change settings for: